PRESTO Researcher, Japan Science and Technology Agency.
Visiting Researcher at The University of Tokyo.
Visiting Researcher at National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST).
Dept. of Computational Biology and Medical Science,
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences,
The University of Tokyo
- Development of statistical and data mining methods
Back to Top
- 2015.12 - Now: JST PRESTO Researcher
- 2015.12 - Now: Visiting Researcher at The University of Tokyo
- 2015.4 - Now: Visiting Researcher at National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- 2015.4 - 2015.11: JSPS research fellow PD
- 2015.4 - 2015.11: Research fellow at The University of Tokyo
- 2014.10 - 2015.3: Research fellow at National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- 2014.4 - 2014.9: Research fellow at Ochanomizu University
- 2014.3: Received the Ph.D. degree from Tokyo Institute of Technology
- 2013.4 - 2015.3: JSPS research fellow DC2
- 2011.3: Received the M.S. degree from Ochanomizu University
- 2009.3: Received the B.S. degree from Ochanomizu University
- Aika Terada, Mariko Okada-Hatakeyama, Koji Tsuda and Jun Sese. "Statistical significance of combinatorial regulations", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., vol. 110, no. 32, 12996-13001, 2013.
- Aika Terada and Jun Sese, "Discovering large network motifs from a complex biological network", Journal of Physics:Conference Series, 197, 012011, 2009.
International Conference / Workshop papers
- Aika Terada, Dave duVerle and Koji Tsuda. Significant Pattern Mining with Confounding Variables, To be appear in Pacific Asia Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Conference (PAKDD) 2016. Auckland, New Zealand. April 9-12, 2016.
- Aika Terada*, Hanyoung Kim* and Jun Sese. "High‐speed Westfall‐Young permutation procedure for genome‐wide association studies", In Proc. of the 6th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM-BCB 2015), pp. 17-26. Atlanta, GA, USA. September 9-12, 2015. (*These authors have equally contributed.)
- Shin-ichi Minato, Takeaki Uno, Koji Tsuda, Aika Terada and Jun Sese. "A Fast Method of Statistical Assessment for Combinatorial Hypotheses Based on Frequent Itemset Enumeration",
European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases 2014 (ECML PKDD 2014). Nancy, France. September 15-19, 2014.
- Aika Terada, Koji Tsuda and Jun Sese. "Fast Westfall-Young permutation procedure for combinatorial regulation discovery", IEEE Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM 2013), pp.153-158, Shanghai, China, December 18-21, 2013.
- Aika Terada and Jun Sese. "Bonferroni correction hides significant motif combinations", 13th IEEE Bioinformatics and Bioengineering (BIBE 2013), Chania, Greece, November 10-13, 2013.
- Rina Nakazawa, Takayuki Itoh, Jun Sese and Aika Terada, "Integrated Visualization of Gene Network and Ontology Applying a Hierarchical Graph Visualization Technique", 16th International Conference on Information Visualization (IV2011), pp.81-86, Montpellier, France, July 10-13, 2012.
- Aika Terada and Jun Sese, "Global Alignment of Protein-Protein Interaction Networks for Analyzing Evolutionary Changes of Network Frameworks", 4th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BICoB-2012), pp.196-201, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. March 12–14, 2012.
- Aika Terada and Jun Sese, "Global gene network alignment among species by using graph summarization", 19th Annual International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB/ECCB 2011), Vienna, July 17-19, 2011 (Poster)
- Aika Terada and Jun Sese, "Graph summarization for finding relations of protein functions", The 20th International Conference on Genome Informatics (GIW2009), Japan, December 14-16, 2009 (Poster)
Back to Top
- IIBMP2015 Poster Award, 2015
- 2011 IPSJ SIGBIO Best Student Presentation Award, 2012